Friday, October 3, 2008

Dressing up...



Chicago transportation is not only good for people watching, it is also great for meeting fascinating people. A couple of days ago I met Allie at one of my regular bus stops and we made fun of a bus driver who tried to tell us that our regular bus had stopped running. He was wrong--so it was funny. I saw her again this morning and had a delightful but short conversation in which I found out that she is an illustrator.

I checked out her website and fell in love with her work. The beautiful dresses that you see above are her work and I just can't get over the colors and the whimsical shapes and patterns. Isn't she great? I can't wait to see her again and try to coax her into teaching me to draw.

P.S. Check out her blog.

(Images via Allie Tomkie)

1 comment:

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I love these - they remind me of the vintage inspired paper dolls my mother used to buy me.