Friday, February 6, 2009

R.I.P. Lux Interior...

Lux Interior died Wednesday from a pre-existing heart condition. He was 60 years old. I'm so saddened by these news, he and Poison Ivy are two of my most favorite musicians. I can't recall how many times I've popped in a Cramps cd to get ready to go out on a weekend night, they are the one band that can get me pumped enough to go out even when I've resigned myself to a night of take-out and a movie. The Cramps are also the perfect soundtrack to an extra long road trip or even just a commute downtown.

My ex and I had planned a trip to Vegas to see The Cramps a couple of years ago but the trip never came to fruition. My ex had seen them live once but I never had the chance. Damn him, now not only can he dangle my broken heart in front of me, he can now rub in my face the fact that he saw Lux Interior live and I'll never get a chance.

Do any of you have any stories that involve listening to The Cramps? Let's reminisce and agree that America has just lost a great, great man.

No comments: