Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bottoms up...


I have been working at a German bar/restaurant for almost a year now and today marks my first day as bartender. I will be tending bar a few days a week and I'm thrilled! This economy has really shaken all the beliefs and expectations I had for myself. No, I'm not an account executive at a company neither am I in Law School or married with child. I am just a 26-year old bartender/waitress. While that thought would have probably given me chills 5 years ago, I couldn't be happier. Life is too short to be doing something I don't enjoy. This job gives me the flexibility to do so much when I'm not working. I can take sewing classes, be in a band with my friends and hang out with my boyfriend regularly. Maybe in a few years, when the economy is on the up and up, I'll start feeling the pressure to work at some corporate office, for now, I'm perfectly content with uttering the words, "Can I get you another drink?"

{beer photo source, cocktail photo source}

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think what you're doing is great since you're having fun. And I realize now that I totally misunderstood your comment about working at a "German pub." I really thought you were in Germany! Too funny. Love your blog:)