Thursday, April 9, 2009

I can't get that song out of my head...

I'd like to introduce a very gratuitous new feature here at Tenacious Dee. Once a week, I will share with you a song that has been stuck in my head and give you as much background on it as I know, as much as Wikipedia provides or as much as I think anyone would care about. First up:


Helpless- Kim Weston. Let me warn you right now, most of the songs I feature will most likely be Motown songs. I'm a diehard Motown fan-it's the Chicago influence.

You may recognize Miss Weston's voice as the one that duets with Marvin Gaye in "It Takes Two." They actually recorded an entire album together, "Take Two."

Listen to this song and I guarantee the delightful and catchy hook will be going through your head for days.

2 comments:

Joanna Goddard said...

oh my goodness, this is HILARIOUS. i always have help me rhonda (by the beach boys) in my head. i have no idea why.

Lu. Lu. said...

it's in my head already. ;)