Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hello there....


After months of contemplating starting a blog, I have finally decided to bite the bullet. I am an avid blog reader (commenter, not lurker) and thoroughly enjoy all the daily fashion and design tips I obtain from some fabulous folks.

I haven't really had an experience prompt me to start blogging until now. My only sister (and sibling for that matter) has decided that at the end of August she will be leaving sweet home Chicago and moving to Portland. She and I are not quite two years apart; as kids we fought constantly like cats and dogs and as young adults, we've become best friends. She is the most beautiful, unselfish and caring human being I've ever known. She has never been afraid of living life to its fullest, she is not concerned with other people's opinions of her and her choices. As her slightly older sister, I cannot help but be in awe of her and imagine that in a perfect world she would be the older sibling.

Although I am excited for her in her new endeavor in a wonderful and exciting new city, I can't help but have tears in my eyes when thinking that she will now be a plane ride away rather than a short bus ride or el train ride away. She has been there for me through all the bad choices in men, clothes and hair, she and I have been through thick and thin together and I will miss seeing her lovely face on a regular basis.

I've started this blog to share my thoughts, dreams, ideas and inspirations to anyone who'll listen. I've also started it to chronicle what is sure to be a very difficult period in my life as I learn to cope with change and loss.

P.S. Those are pictures of my sister, isn't she just adorable?

No comments: