Saturday, July 12, 2008

You get what you pay for...

I have a love/hate relationship with Ikea. I squeal with delight each time I receive their catalog and love perusing the website pretty much on a daily basis. Yet, whenever I purchase something from them, I find myself dishing out four letter words during assembly time because: a. the item doesn't look as good as it did in the store or online b. some part of it breaks off or cracks or c. some piece doesn't quite fit together.

I recently purchased this wardrobe and was psyched about how little I paid for it but am questioning if it was even worth it due to the amount of distraught it has bestowed upon my humble little studio apartment. First of all, assembling it by myself has proven impossible so I've recruited the boyfriend to help out. He's done a great job putting it together, but yesterday as we decided to move the wardrobe from the floor to its designated spot we noticed it was a bit crooked. The bf wants to take it apart and start again but I am so fed up with it that I'm willing to tell anyone who comes by that I had a bad case of vertigo while putting it together. That or rearranging all my pictures on the wall to match the slight crookedness of the wardrobe.

Of course, as I write this post, I have ikea.com open in another window and am coveting a white bed frame. Damn you Ikea!

No comments: